This recipe comes from Tropical Traditions, in the recipes section. It’s been a favorite amongst my friends, so I thought I’d share it with all of you! I’ve made a couple of small modifications from the original.
And coconut flour is available through Tropical Traditions, or you can probably find it at any health food store. It’s even available in the nutrition sections of some grocery stores these days.
- 1 egg, room temperature (optional)
- ½ cup organic coconut oil
- ¼ cup organic honey
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 ¾ cups almond meal
- ¼ cup shredded, dried coconut
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup organic whole sugar
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Combine egg, coconut oil, honey, and extracts, mixing with wooden spoon. Add chocolate chips, if you’re using them.
- Combine dry ingredients (the rest of the list), and add the mixture to the wet mixture from Step 1.
- Roll into walnut-sized balls and slightly flatten with fork on cookie sheet covered in parchment paper. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until gently browned. Cool on wire rack. http://digg.com/tools/diggthis.js