Makes about 4 quarts
I made this soup this weekend and it came out SO good that I just had to write up the recipe! So easy, and so good on a cold wintery day.
Perfect for vegan, paleo or low carb.
- Cauliflower, 1 large head broken into florets (including stalks)
- Onion, 1 quartered and roughly chopped
- Chicken bone broth, 1 quart
- Filtered water, 3 cups
- Coconut milk, 2 cans
- Jamaican curry powder, 2 tsp (or your own favorite curry)
- Cayenne, ½ tsp (omit if you’re using a hot curry)
- Black pepper, ¼ tsp
- Tahini, 1 T
- Salt, to taste
- [Optional: Fresh parsley or cilantro, and extra virgin olive oil to drizzle]
In large stockpot, combine cauliflower, onion, bone broth and water. Simmer until veggies are tender (20-30 minutes), then puree using an immersion blender or regular blender. (If using a regular blender, return the mixture back to the pot afterward.)
Add coconut milk and spices. Dissolve tahini into a few tablespoons of the hot soup, then add to the pot and blend well—the immersion blender works well for this. Simmer on low for 20 minutes or so to allow the flavors to meld.
Serve garnished with fresh parsley or cilantro and a little drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. This soup freezes nicely in quart-sized mason jars, after cooling first in the fridge.